Table of Contents
The Replica Location Service (RLS) is a server that provides for the registration and lookup of replica information. Within the RLS, there are two types of services, a catalog service and an index service.
Features New in GT 5.0.5
- None since GT 5.0.1.
Other Supported Features
- Comprehensive C library for replica registration, replica lookup, replica attributes, index queries, and administrative tasks.
- Command line (
globus-rls-cli) tool for client operations on catalogs and indexes.
- Command line (
globus-rls-admin) tool for administrative tasks.
- Bug 7115 : "No Database selected" error
The following problems and limitations are known to exist for RLS at the time of the 5.0.5 release:
- Threading/Libc Problems: set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 in your environment and see Section 2, “Debian” for more information.
- Threading/Libc Problems: set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 in your environment and see Platform Notes for more information.
- Bug 3656: ACLs cannot be modified dynamically
- Bug 4141: regexec call in auth.c's auth_getperms
- Bug 4142: globus-rls-admin -s always indicates RLI does not exist
- Bug 6085: RLS server crash with GLOBUSTHREAD: pthread_mutex_lock() failed
- Bug 6239: Wildcard queries with underscores don't work with SQLite
- Bug 6322: RLS crash on a Sparc/Solaris 10 box (possible duplicate of bug 6356)
- Bug 6356: RLS crash on x86/Solaris 10 box (patch available)
- Bug 6662: Unable to install globus_database_sqliteodbc on 64-bits ppc (Suse 10) platform
RLS depends on the following GT components:
RLS depends on the following 3rd party software:
- RDBMS: SQLite*, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle
- ODBC manager: iODBC, unixODBC
- ODBC driver: SQLite-ODBC*, MyODBC, psqlODBC, or Oracle
* The RLS comes installed with and configured to use these components.
Protocol changes since GT 5.0.4
API changes since GT 5.0.4
Exception changes since GT 5.0.4
Schema changes since GT 5.0.4
Associated standards for RLS:
- The RLS is implemented as a conventional service and, as such, does not conform to the WSRF or other WS set of specifications.
See Replica Location Service (RLS) for more information about this component.