Table of Contents
The C WS Core provides a basic toolset in C for creating WSRF-enabled web services and clients conforming to the WS-Resource and WS-Notification specifications.
Binding Generation directly from WSDL schemas
- ANSI-C stubs and skeletons
- Non-blocking client stubs for writing event-driven code
- EPR (EndpointReference) encapsulation
- WSRF enabled client stubs and services
- HTTP/1.1 Support
- Embeddable Service API
- Standalone service container
- WSRF-enabled services
- Dynamic Deployment (WSDD) using AxisC++ was included in an early pre-release but is no longer supported.
- globus_wsrf_resource.h missing c++ guards
- globus-wsrf-cgen segfaults on 64bit architectures
- Current trunk AIX failure
- globus_c_wsrf_core_bindings package layout problem
- Rendezvous client bindings generation error on FC3 x86_64
- AIX problem with sed and long command line lengths
- Building globus_c_gram_client_bindings on AIX fails
- Parser Error Building 3.9.4 RC1 on FC2 x86_64
- Core tools uses wrong path
- globus_js does not pick up LDFLAGS
- Core dump when submit job with globusrun-ws
- Missing filelist entries
- AIX build failure in C messaging tests
- globus-wsc-container crash
- Leaks in WS-C Core
- missing error handling in soap read callbacks causes hang
- parsing array with globus_xml_buffer consumes all memory
- Bug 2310: support for http get queries of WSDL schemas
- Bug 2437: Faults returned from C container
- Bug 2460: utility funcs
- Bug 2911: globus_service_engine_stop hang
- Bug 3018: globus_c_wsrf_core_bindings fails to build on AIX
- Bug 3058: globus_soap_message_handle_init_from_dom() doesn't work
- Bug 3208: C registryService bindings in 4.0
C WS Core depends on the following GT components:
- C Common Libraries
- Pre-WS Authentication and Authorization (GSI)
- Globus XIO (used by C WS core for efficient HTTP and TCP transport)
C WS Core depends on the following 3rd party software:
Tested Platforms for C WS Core
- SPARC/Solaris 9/vendorcc32
- PowerPC/AIX 5.2/vendorcc32
- Mac/OS X/gcc32
Protocol changes since GT version 3.2
- SOAP messages conform to WSRF schemas instead of previous OGSI/OGSA schemas.
- WS-Addressing has been added to the list of supported standards, as defined by the WS-Resource Framework.
- HTTP/1.1 with 'chunked' transfer encoding is used by default.
API changes since GT version 3.2
- The 3.2 cbindings API is obsolete, with no overlap to the new API. Bindings APIs are now generated directly from WSDL.
- The underlying XML/SOAP messaging framework is also new, based on the libxml2 pull parser API.
Schema changes since GT version 3.2
- Schemas are completely new. The WS C Core implements the OASIS WSRF and WSN working drafts specifications (with minor fixes to the 1.2-draft-01 published schemas and with the March 2004 version of the WS-Addressing specification.)
Click here for more information about this component.