Table of Contents
The C WS Core provides a basic toolset in C for creating WSRF-enabled web services and clients conforming to the WS-Resource and WS-Notification specifications.
Binding Generation directly from WSDL schemas
- ANSI-C stubs and skeletons
- Non-blocking client stubs for writing event-driven code
- EPR (EndpointReference) encapsulation
- WSRF enabled client stubs and services
- HTTP/1.1 Support
- Embeddable Service API
- Standalone service container
- WSRF-enabled services
- Dynamic Deployment (WSDD) using AxisC++ was included in an early pre-release but is no longer supported.
Usability improvements for C WS Core:
C WS-Core is a new component and does not have usability improvements.
Protocol changes since GT version 3.2
- SOAP messages conform to WSRF schemas instead of previous OGSI/OGSA schemas.
- WS-Addressing has been added to the list of supported standards, as defined by the WS-Resource Framework.
- HTTP/1.1 with 'chunked' transfer encoding is used by default.
API changes since GT version 3.2
- The 3.2 cbindings API is obsolete, with no overlap to the new API. Bindings APIs are now generated directly from WSDL.
- The underlying XML/SOAP messaging framework is also new, based on the libxml2 pull parser API.
Schema changes since GT version 3.2
- Schemas are completely new. The WS C Core implements the OASIS WSRF and WSN working drafts specifications (with minor fixes to the 1.2-draft-01 published schemas and with the March 2004 version of the WS-Addressing specification.)
C WS Core depends on the following GT components:
- C Common Libraries
- Pre-WS Authentication and Authorization (GSI)
- Globus XIO (used by C WS core for efficient HTTP and TCP transport)
C WS Core depends on the following 3rd party software:
Tested Platforms for C WS Core
- SPARC/Solaris 9/vendorcc32
- PowerPC/AIX 5.2/vendorcc32
- Mac/OS X/gcc32
Associated standards for C WS Core:
- XML Schema
- WS Security
- WS-Resource Framework
Click here for more information about this component.