Citations for the Globus Toolkit
Many Globus contributors work in an academic environment, in which "citations" are (for better or worse) often viewed as important. Thus, if you are writing a technical article about Grids, Grid tools, or Grid applications, we'd be grateful if you cite relevant papers by Globus team members. (Please do not cite a Web page; that doesn't help!)
A complete list of Globus-related publications can be found at http://www.globus.org/alliance/publications/papers.php. The following papers may be particularly relevant.
For the Globus Toolkit in general:
- Globus Toolkit Version 4: Software for Service-Oriented Systems. I. Foster. IFIP
International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing, Springer-Verlag LNCS 3779, pp 2-13, 2005.
This paper is an excellent introduction to the Globus Toolkit 4.0 and its use.
- Globus: A Metacomputing Infrastructure Toolkit. I. Foster, C. Kesselman. Intl J. Supercomputer Applications, 11(2):115-128, 1997.
- A Globus Toolkit Primer. I. Foster, 2005.
For Grid concepts and architecture:
- The Anatomy of the Grid: Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations. I. Foster, C. Kesselman, S. Tuecke. International J. Supercomputer Applications, 15(3), 2001.
- The Physiology of the Grid: An Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed Systems Integration. I. Foster, C. Kesselman, J. Nick, S. Tuecke, 2002.
- The Grid: Blueprint for a New Computing Infrastructure, I. Foster and C. Kesselman (Eds), Morgan Kaufmann, 2005.
For all other papers, please visit http://www.globus.org/alliance/publications/papers.php!